Sunday 15 December 2013

Happy Homemade, Sew Chic Kids: Parka

This is a make from Happy Homemade, Sew Chic Kids by Ruriko Yamada.



What a book. I LOVE it.  I have two boys and a little girl and I can say hand on heart I want to make every single design; but, I had to start somewhere, so I started with pattern S, "Pull-over Parka".


It is so easy; really, really easy - only six instructions to follow.  I would recommend it as a pattern for beginners, as it gives you a great result with minimal effort. It is my quickest make to date.

I made age four for my four year old and it's a little roomy, but he will grow into it.


I've made it  from fleece, it is so cosy and warm.  I now need to make one for my big boy too!


He loves it too,  which is rather gratifying.  Well done Laurie on your modelling, very keen to be in Mummy's blog!

PS.  A thank you everyone for your advice on sewing up my velvet dress.  It was so appreciated.   I have finally finished it before it finished me!    Just need to photo it now. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely - and perfectly accessorised with red wellies and giant star on a stick! Every child should have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely and cosy! And glad that you got your velvet dress sorted out!

    ReplyDelete